Estimated Read Time: 4 Minutes
Employee engagement and employee recognition might not be the hot button topics that they once were, but that doesn’t mean that they’re not still in-demand or relevant. On the contrary, statistics are showing that employees are wanting (and needing) recognition and engagement even more.
Here are 17 statistics discussing employee recognition and engagement that’s perfect for any employee recognition project you’re working on right now. Enjoy!
17 Employee Recognition Stats
1. When asked what leaders could do more of to improve engagement, 58% of respondents replied “give recognition.”
2. Employees with performance recognition programs are 2x’s more likely to recommend their organization as a great place to work.
3. Productivity increases by 20-25% when employees are engaged.
4. Companies with recognition programs that are highly effective at improving employee engagement have 31% lower voluntary turnover.
5. 50% of employees believe being thanked by managers not only improved their relationship but also built trust with their higher-ups.
6. 69% of employees would work harder if they felt their efforts were better appreciated.
7. 76% of employees in North America listed having a positive company culture as a main factor for staying with a company.
8. 81% of employees believe awards and recognition programs are effective.
9. 82% of respondents believe that culture is a potential competitive advantage.
10. 85% of employees feel that recognizing employees for performance makes them feel more valued and appreciated.
11. 87% of employees are more committed to stay with an organization that recognizes their performance.
12. Engaged employees are 87% less likely to leave a company.
13. 89% of employees believe that employee engagement increases when employees are recognized for performance.
14. Studies show that companies with engaged employees earn as much as 2.5 times more income than competitors with low employee engagement.
15. 80% of custom awards repeat annually for Bruce Fox, Inc.
16. Employee engagement has the following benefits:
- Engaged employees contribute 20% more revenue than less engaged employees
- Satisfied employees are 40% more productive than non-satisfied employees
- Engaged employees are 44% more productive than their satisfied peers
- Inspired employees are 125% more productive than their satisfied peers
Via Bain & Company
17. A positive and engaged culture results in:
- 20% less absenteeism
- 15% increased productivity
- 30% better customer satisfaction
- 65% increase in share-prices
At the end of the day, employees are the most valuable and important asset to all businesses than any other asset. People spend a third of their lives at work, and it’s in your best interest to make sure they’re not miserable the entire time.
You want employees that are happy at work and want their company to succeed, rather than someone who’s looking for a quick exit because they’re unhappy. By prioritizing employee engagement and recognition, you can enjoy all the above benefits: greater profits, lower turnover, more productive employees, happier customers, and more - a win-win situation!
Kristina Hublar is your friendly neighborhood Marketing Specialist at Bruce Fox, Inc., which means she is the person behind the keyboard for the emails, website, social media, and other marketing efforts. In her spare time, you’ll find her bobbing along to music while crafting, spending time with loved ones, or with her nose in a book.